Tuesday, November 23, 2010

To dance with my dad again...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLuP-4ZEhOE

I love this song.  I remember the very first time I heard it.  It was on my Dad's birthday, the very first one that I was celebrating since he went to heaven.  I was with my boyfriend Scott, and we were in North Carolina with a bunch of friends, just enjoying a fall break.  I wanted to take some time to get away from everyone and just think about my dad.  I remember that we were in the car together and he said..."This is the song that reminds me so much of you and your dad." Scott had only met my dad one time, but from that meeting and our conversations, he knew what kind of relationship I had with my dad. 

He was such an amazing man.  His legacy still lives on in incredible ways.  I think about him every day...every single day.  It's been almost four years since he passed away and my heart is still broken.  I don't know if I will ever be fully healed... until that day when I meet Jesus.  When I get to see God face to face and share that moment with my dad.  When all of the tears that I have cried here on earth are wiped away for a final time...and my mourning is replaced with dancing. 

Thank you for that hope Jesus...thank you for the peace that you give now and the promise of perfect peace...the promise of total  healing...the promise of complete and utter redemption, not because I deserve it, but because you cherish me...because your grace is my strength.  Your power is made perfect in my weakness...and Lord I will cling to you now...and walk with the hope and assurance of sharing eternity with you and with my daddy.  And that one day, I will get to dance with my father again.

1 comment: